When you get invited with a few other bloggers on a 2 day getaway to discover what Rotterdam has to offer, you just can’t say no. The city is only a one hour train ride away from Antwerp, so it is the perfect location for a mini holiday. I listed up a few of the hotspots we spotted during our short visit, but off course the city has a lot more to offer.
– Dudok / Meent 88. Dudok is known to have the best apple pie in The Netherlands, but only the building itself is definitely worth a visit.
– Ter Marsch & Co / Witte De Withstraat 70. For the best burgers in The Netherlands.
– Fenix Food Factory / Veerlaand 19D. A daily fresh market with local products. You can enjoy a coffee, breakfast, appetizer trays and more on their terras near the water.
A city like this automatically involves a lot of walking or biking in our case, so it’s key to get a good night’s rest.
– King Kong Hostel / Witte De Withstraat 74. This hostel is the dream of the 21st century backpackers. The hostel has both loft dorms with shared bathrooms, dorms and private hotel style rooms. The King Kong Hostel is located in the hippest area in the city, the Witte De Withstraat, so it’s the perfect place to start exploring the city.
– Witte De With Center For Contemporary Art / Witte De Withstraat 50. The institution presents an alternative to the classic museum for modern art and to existing artist’s initiatives. We took a look at the ‘No Humans Involved’ exhibit.
– Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen / Museumpark 18. This museum takes you on a journey through art history. And the stunning view from their caffetaria is also a plus.
– Euromast / Parkhaven 20. For an impressive panoramic view of Rotterdam.
So if you are looking for a city to explore or in need of a short getaway I can definitely recommend you to visit Rotterdam. Besides all the nice places we visited, there are a lot of cool café’s, restaurants and shops to discover. Have you been to Rotterdam yet? And what are your favorite hotspots in the city?